Rooting Android 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 [Gingerbread]

how to root Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830











Tested on Samsung Galaxy Ace [Android version 2.3.3 and 2.3.4]
Do it at your own risk. I'm are not responsible if your device got damaged or bricked during the process.

  • Download upd_1.zip and copy it to the root of your SD card.
  • Boot device into recovery mode. [First turn off the phone and turn it on again by pressing Volume down button, Home button and Power button simultaneously. You’ll see the downloading icon.]
  • Update from sdcard and then select the file upd_.1zip using volume up/down key.
  • Once the file is flashed, it will reboot the device automatically

10 comments:

  1. is it working to root galaxy ace 2.3.6 using this method?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why i cannot open recovery mode? ialready press that three button but nothing happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. automatic re format the internal storage????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no.. but its recommended to backup all your data before proceed..

      Delete
  4. I would like to know how to move apps to SD card, when it doesn't give u the option? When it updates apps. it tells me there isn't enough room. So I have to go through all my apps. and uninstall updates on apps I don't even want on the phone. It's a pain and I can't delete them. I have a Pantech Breakout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so long i wait download...huh...not happen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. it stays on downloading mode!! what to do??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone, I have rooted my galaxy ace successfully. I have the superuser icon. But then what? The phone memory is still the same and I still can not move application to sd card. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, u need another application to move your apps. Superuser will grant a permission to that app to move app from phone to SD. Try Move 2 SD app.
      free version:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hMHNvZnQuZ3Bob25lLmFwcDJzZCJd

      paid version(pro):
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd.pro&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hMHNvZnQuZ3Bob25lLmFwcDJzZC5wcm8iXQ..

      Delete